Common Theft Crimes Questions
What are some of the potential results I can expect?
Because every case has its own unique set of facts and circumstances, it’s not possible for us to tell you what result you will get on your particular case until we have had a chance to fully litigate it. That said, here are some potential results, all of which we have achieved for our clients:
- Compromise of Misdemeanor
- Dismissal of charges in pre-trial stage for legal/factual reasons
- Stipulated Order of Continuance
- Deferred Sentence
- Reduction of charges
- Reduction of penalties
- Not guilty verdict after trial
We explain some of these these potential outcomes in a little more detail further down the page, but it’s best to simply call us for a full explanation of what these outcomes mean and how we can achieve them.
- Work Release
- Community Service
- Electronic Home Monitoring
- Community Custody/Probation
- Theft 1, 2, 3
- Possession of Stolen Property
- Check Fraud
- Credit Card Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Vehicle Theft
- Vehicle Prowling
- Lack of criminal intent
- Determination of whether any incriminating statements you made were in violation of your Miranda Rights
- Legality of any search & seizure issues
- Collecting additional witness statements that support our theory of the case
- Humanize you to the prosecutor; we want to know everything about you. Give us your life story. We will memorize it and then be able to talk to the prosecutor very intelligently about you; as if we have known you for years.
- Gather a bunch of character reference letters for you.
- Private polygraph (when applicable)
- Explain the impact this matter will have on your job and family